This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Computer for Fat Biking -20Cm

I own a Garmin 1030 Plus and when cold 0C or less it repeatedly shutdowns.  I have tried putting a chemical hand warmer stuck to the back and it still shutdowns.  Only way to use is to put in my pocket or frame bag.  Can anyone recommend a computer that has been proven to work to -30C?

• I think anything with a battery will die with such cold temperatures. Have you tried putting a power bank in your pocket or frame bag (maybe with the hand warmer) and run a USB cable to the Edge?

• I just remembered, to power the Edge during a ride you need to add a OTG adapter in between the cable to prevent it going into the charging screen.. I created my own cable with the OTG pins shorted.

I will leave this here in case someone comes here with a search

• Not on mine, I don't. I can connect my 1030+ to a powerbank with a standard microUSB cable while riding, it gives me a momentary single line "Charging" notification at the top of the screen, and the display is then exactly the same as it was when not charging. No OTG adapter needed.