This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Plus Public Beta 6.24 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 Plus has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 1030 Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=15682 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.22 to 6.24:

• Fixed automatic maximum heart rate detection.
  • Added the ability to perform the FTP test with power data coming from a trainer.

Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.22:

• Changed gear battery data field to display percentage remaining if available, which affects Shimano Di2 single-battery systems.
  • Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.
  • Fixed issue where distance could stop accumulating.
  • Fixed issue where text message sender names would display incorrectly.
  • after instalation cannot boot device, keeps rebooting

• how to get out of this mode?  I tried to hold the two buttons start and lab and power on device. Keep bottom buttons pressed until logo, but this does not work. Please advice how too hard reset as device keeps restarting over and over.

Stefan

• I managed to plug de device as mobile drive onto my laptop by press the lab button while you plug the device into the PC. I coped the previous 6.10. GCD file into Garmin directory on my device and renamed int GUPDATE.GCD and restarted the device but unfortunately id does not restore back to version 6.10 so it keeps rebooting. Anybody and advice?

Thanks,

Stefan

• Can't confirm that. Update to 6.24 from 6.10 worked for me.

• Wel, i can tell you after 3 hours of multiple times try to boot as mass storage device by keep pressing the left lower lab button I managed to go into the mode where I could access the device trough my PC, I managed to remove all folders and image files and eventually the system booted normally . All setting where gone but at least i managed to get it working Grin. I noticed version 6.24 is still working so in the end I run 6.24 without issues. But from now on I will not just install, but at least make a copy of my different user settings as it was allot of work to setup my 3 bikes again with all sensors and different screen settings  from scratch.

stefan

• I backup my folders at least one a month just in case of an issue https://support.garmin.com/en-MY/?faq=eWswdSH4aC3xrXxmQj7U9A

• Thank you all for your feedback. We have identified the issue regarding freezing/rebooting and will have a release ready later this week.

If you have experienced the rebooting or freezing during boot up and want to stay with 6.24 or go back to 6.10 please follow the instructions below:

1. Hold lap key while plugged in to go into mass storage.
    2. Open Garmin --> Delete Apps Folder (consider saving off a copy to restore when the new release is available - some things will not fully restore and you might need to redownload the apps)
    3. If you're staying on 6.24, avoid using CIQ for now.
  • Bonjour, je voulais savoir si bientôt le problème du : temps à destination d'un parcours enregistré sera corrigé ?

• Distribution_of_French_speakers

United States of America 2,126,923 0.65%

Bonjour, beaucoup d'entre nous ont la même question. Avec Garmin, vous ne savez jamais ce qui sera inclus dans la prochaine version.

La plupart des Garmin employés ne parle pas Français, peut-être que cela aide de poser votre question en Anglais.

Hello, many of us have the same question. With Garmin you never know what will be included in the next version.

Most Garmin employees do not speak French, it may be helpful to ask your question in English.

• I wanted to know if soon the problem of: time to destination will be corrected ?