This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 1030 Plus Public Beta 6.22 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 1030 Plus has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 1030 Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=15682 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.10 to 6.22:

• Changed gear battery data field to display percentage remaining if available, which affects Shimano Di2 single-battery systems.
  • Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.
  • Fixed issue where distance could stop accumulating.
  • Fixed issue where text message sender names would display incorrectly.
  • Thanks for bringing the Di2 battery % back for those of us who still have the 11-speed Di2 with a single battery.

• Hi, 3 times alarm during ride! Varia the radar showing as disconnected ! this is like Microsoft support - two bugs fixed and 20 made new... why? i must roll back to 6.10

• I discovered a new bug.  This bug has to do with the new added feature "Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.".  This feature is working however it introduced a new bug.  Below is the description of the bug.  I've sent Garmin the feedback.  If anyone is also seeing the problem please report it here.

5. Description: a new feature added to beta 6.22 introduced a new bug. I use a Connect IQ app. called HMs DIY #1-6 so I could have custom data screens. One of the data fields I use is a graphical representation of all of my ANT+ sensor battery levels. The sensors (eg. Varia) show ‘good’ status at all times even when the Varia is fully charged or fully depleted. The following is from the change log from 6.10 to 6.22: “Updated sensor low battery prompts to differentiate between low and critical status.” This feature is working however the wrong ANT+ battery status value is being sent to my Connect IQ app. The possible ANT+ battery status values are the following: 0 (or 7): INVALID, 1: NEW, 2: GOOD, 3: OK, 4: LOW, 5: CRITICAL. It seems like a “3” is being sent at all times. With the public release 6.10 my app. was working perfectly. Now with 6.22 it’s not working. Please investigate and fix the issue. Thank you for your time.

• Have you also copied this to the developer of HMs DIY?

ConnectIQ apps sometimes need updating after firmware changes change how data is presented to them..

• Hi, no, I haven't.  I did think about it.  Anyways Garmin's Beta Team wrote to me today and said they think they know the root-cause and the team is currently working on a fix.  So maybe the issue is purely on Garmin's side.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I have now reverted back to 6.10.  But only after I went back to 6.10 I realized that I could have done a simple test.  Create a new field without using HMs DIY that shows the status of the battery, and see if it reports the correct value/text.  Now that I'm already on 6.10 I don't wish to upgrade to 6.22 and run the test, then revert back to 6.10.  When I reverted back to 6.10 I lost all of my personal settings.  So if anyone is on 6.22 you might want to test it report back your findings.

• On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if there's a way to save all of the personal settings before reverting back to an older firmware?  I had to revert back to 6.10 from 6.22 and I lost all of my personal settings.  I seem to recall seeing a file under /Garmin that perhaps has all of the personal settings.  It would be nice if that file can be copied and saved on the PC and later copied back to /Garmin.  A feature that allows the personal settings to be restored would be great for those of us taking risks to test beta firmwares.

• The secret is to backup the settings before updating. The settings file from 6.22 may contain settings values that 6.10 could misinterpret and render the device unstable. That is why the settings are cleared during a rollback.

This approach is not unique to Garmin. If you run beta firmware it is usually required to do a full reset when rolling back to an earlier firmware.

Aside from the data field issue, why did you revert to 6.10?

• That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks.  I reverted back to 6.10 because I didn't think Garmin would act on fixing the bug this quickly.