This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin edge 1030 plus, screen blanks out during navigation

Since firmware 5.20 the screen on my garmin edge 1030 plus regularly blanks out for several seconds during navigation. In particular, when this happens, there is a diagonal line from bottom-left to top-right and everything below the line is shown, but nothing is shown above the line. This usually lasts for. several seconds and is really annoying.

As part. of troubleshooting, I updated the maps bit that did not help. 

Cheers

Erik

• Do you use 3-D setting?
    If so - it is a well known issue.

• I didn't know it was a well known issue. It was definitely introduced with the 5.20 update. I am using 3d indeed. Is there a link somewhere where we can see the status of this issue? It is definitely a big usability issue. Had I bought the device with this bug, I probably would have returned it. 

• Downgrade to 5.0

Download the beta version (link).
    This includes v5.0 for downgrade.

www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp

• It is well known in these posts, however, when I reported it last week with my 10 day old 1030 Plus, Garmin UK said it was the first time it had been reported!!!! I pointed out this forum and the comments about the problem and was told that they didn't look at these forums because the information is unverified :-( .

Please make sure you report it to Garmin - they will no doubt ask you to provide copies of all of the folders from your Edge and will also ask for screenshots. They also asked me for video - not something that was easy or safe to provide, but I managed to do it with my Virb camera while riding down my street. I used to Lap function to try and see if the time of each error was repeatable - it wasn't quite but occurred within 30 to 90 seconds of each other.

For anyone that wants to refer to it as a comparison should Garmin say it's a new issue, my case reference details are: RE: Garmin Edge 1030 plus << Ref: 20248249K1 >> <Q#:1013506>

Also, my 1030 Plus temperature reads 7F high! This time they said they knew about that!

Apparently, a software update is due soon but they don't know when.....