This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why won't course made in Garmin connect transfer to my device? (1030 plus)

This is getting very frustrating now. I am unable to transfer courses I have made in Garmin Connect to routes on my Garmin 1030 plus. 

The way things are going this will be the last Garmin I will ever buy, two weeks ago a course from someone else did not show in routes on my device, even though the Garmin has synced and when I tried it from my phone the unit said the course had uploaded?

• See my reply to your other post.

• Thanks Scillonian, I did try that but with no avail. I did manage to get across this morning by downloading as a FIT file from Garmin Connect. I should not have to do that it should go automatically from connect on send to device or from my phone, specially if I away and have not got my laptop. Garmin are going backwards, lots of my mates are switching to Wahoo & when this ones comes to the end of its life, so will I. One very frustrated Garmin user. The only plus thing the 1030 plus has, is its amazing battery.

• Garming Connect sync works fine usually. If there are issues, it's most due to some errors. E.g. by the user (duplicate filename, too much courses etc) or a corrupt route file .You might try copying the GPX file to the 1030 using the USB connection as last resort.

• Is the name of the course in question similar to another course you have loaded? This is a common reason for courses not syncing for some users who have the first few characters the same across two or more course names . 

Separately, I would recommend clearing out your sync queue entirely before trying again. Info on how to do this can be found here

Lastly I apologize if any of this is redundant with the other thread you and Scillonian have mentioned. 

• Remember that Edge 1030 and Plus devices can store up to a maximum to 100 courses. If this limit has been reached the described issue will occur!

• Thanks you, I did not realise that, I will delete some courses off the device to see if that helps?

• Thanks for all your suggestions, I will delete some routes and let you know how I get on.

• I deleted 20 course & I upload two absolutely perfectly. Thanks mcinner1 and everyone else for your help & suggestions.