This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 screen color weak or not clear hard to see

Hi,

I just got my new 1030 Plus few weeks ago and from beginning it looks to me the colors are weak and black is not black on the screen of the 1030 PLus.

I compered it to the Edge Explore and those are much clearer. I tried all kind of settings like adjust theme and brightness but the colors stay weak which means details are hard to see.

Is this how the screen should look like or is the screen not working correct?

See photos with the differences of 1030PLus and Explore. I may assume an 1030 Plus should have at least equal view quality?

Top = 1030 bottom = Explore

• Hi,

And have you managed to solve this issue, I have the same and I find it a big disappointment of such an expensive device. I have noticed that when it is bright sunlight the screen looks better, but as I live in Belgium, we don't have bright days often. Garmin should warn people, don't buy it when you live in a region where the sun is not always shining! I am considering to trow the device out and look for something else .. not sure which device is better, is there anything better? 

• I hope! If you have an answer, let me know! If you know someone who wants to by my device it would even be better! ;-) 

• I agree, i felt the same way when i turned it on, what a disappointment but figured i would wait till I get outdoors. Well that complete and utter disappointment remained. I can barely make out any detail, couldn't see the little triangle representing me. It didnt look like a color display, it was some type of various shades of gray. All in all its not what i expected. I had the fenix 6x which i used for biking, running, etc and that was far easier to see and navigate then this 1030+. I was expecting that going from a watch to an edge would make navigation far superior, NOT. Ridiculous, probably going back to Garmin.  Is there another version of the edge that has a better display?

• Yes, 530 and 830 are much better in colour. I was upgraded from 530 so I know it.

I was riding today entire daytime with 1030 plus and so far daytime is good.  I am expecting the next generation of 530 and 830 now.

• When there is bright sunlight than it is reasonably ok ... is Garmin expecting people only bike when the weather is great; I am more motivated than that! ;-) although, I must say that I am happy from the device as a bike computer, it is the navigation which is failing in my opinion.

I have no other experience with Garmin devices or any other, as I recently discovered the joy of cycling. 

• I have no idea if there are other Garmin Edge devices with a better display, I am completely new to the Garmin stuff. 

• I am soooo disappointed!!!! Weary

I upgraded to the edge 1030 plus from the 820, because i wanted a bigger screen to see better and not wear my glassesNerd. This screen is wishy washy and looks blurry, even if you set it to 100% brightness. Pink and red looks the sameRolling eyes
    I haven’t tried a TP workout on it yet. That screen will probably not show my power ranges clearly.  

A pity there’s no contrast settingFrowning2

• Have you actually used it outside? I'm in my 70's with not the greatest vision and I have no problem reading the screen. I don't use the backlight at all.

• Only tested it today. 
    Thank you for the reply. 

• Try to mount the device fairly level. The screen (without the backlight) works better when it's being hit by sunlight.