This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS turns off after selecting course

More than half of the time after I select a course, I have found that when I ride it, it follows the course virtually  but is not actually using GPS data - because the GPS has turned itself off. This can happen even after I’ve turned the unit on outside and waited for the “GPS Connected” notification. I have deleted the “Virtual Ride” profile on my unit, so it’s not because of that. The only solution I’ve found is to go to settings > profiles>GPS Mode and select a GPS mode.

is this a bug, and if so, when will it be fixed?

• This is definitely not expected behavior. You mentioned this happens half the time or so. Is there any commonality with what profile or course you are trying to ride? 

• I experienced the same problem. I selected a POI to navigate there and the GPS signal disappeared minutes later. This caused the map to freeze and the timer continued to tell time. I only fixed the bug after resetting the device. Because just turning off didn't do it.

A screen with the TURN OFF icon appeared and froze in this mode. Now I'm afraid the Edge 1030 plus will lose the connection on the MTB trail and mess up everything.

• Hello there,

I’m having the same issue! The gps goes off by itself after you press go course selection becoming this almost useless, the only way, I could fixed is doing a hard reset, that means loss of time and all records you have done in the GPS and each time! In few months, I had to done twice. Is there some thing that can fix this?