This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route Calculation Error and Other Strange Behavior

I just updated to Garmin 1030 plus from 810 so am familiar with using Garmin devices. I loaded 2 routes provided to me from my club. I tried loading both and each time it said “Route Calculation error” Yesterday it seemed to resolve itself and I the route worked as planned.

Today I loaded the 2nd route and got the Route Calculation Error. After trying a couple of times, the route loaded. For half the ride it did not give me turn by turn guidance. Instead of giving me the alert to turn right onto a particular street in 300 ft read “Clemson St Ahead” as an example at the top of the map. Somewhere along the line it straightened itself out.

Another issue I encountered is that it seemed slow at providing the grade information. For example, I would be riding up an incline and it would still read -1 which was not the case. Not sure if the 2 issues are related or not.

Any idea of the problem?  I have the latest firmware and GPS SW. Hopefully I don’t have.a defective unit.

Thank you.