This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 Plus Incident Detection too sensitive

Incident Detection goes off when just slowing to the traffic lights. Way too sensitive. Also cannot cancel via the 1030 plus unit - you press cancel and phone is still alarming. Have to pull phone out and cancel there. It's annoying. Had to turn the feature off. Can Garmin please fix. 

• I have this problem too,far too sensitive,would like a fix for this as i do not want to disable it.

• Once I braked hard because of a flat after which my emergency contact received an 'incident alert'. The second time I stopped at the shoulder of a road and stepped aside to give way what triggered the 'incident alert'. Thereafter I switched Incident Detection off.

I guess it is very difficult to differentiate between a sudden/hard brake stop and an incident or stepping aside and getting off-track because of an incident.

I remember that I saw a message on my 1030plus that an ‘incident alert’ would be sent unless I would hit ‘cancel’ so you must be alert when you make a (sudden) stop.

As long as I am not riding entirely alone, I switch the ‘Incident Detection’ off.

• I‘m not using that feature - but I‘ve heard, you must press and keep pressing „cancel“. A short press doesn‘t do it.

• I've used incident detection on my 1030, and now on my 1030 plus, and never had any of the issues you describe. Slowing for traffic lights will not activate the alarm. Only when I really bounce the front wheel.

• ...and how to cancel a triggered (false) alarm?

• Just press cancel on the 1030 :)

• Yes, I have the same issue and I can confirm this. You have to keep "Cancel" for a long time.

• Not difficult to cancel if an alert is given but I too found 'false positive' alerts just for stopping at traffic lights, so turned the feature off altogether.

• I have yet to have an issue with it. This weekend I got to close to the edge of the road, hit a patch of gravel, lost control a bit, got half into the grass and ditch, and right into a fence.

My Edge and phone started beeping away and counting down. Worked like I expected.

• Same here. Once it even started when my bike leaned on a handrail for almost a minute (no, it did not fall). Garmin told me to use the original mount. Except that you can't really use it with aero bars. PR was 7 alarms on a single ride.