This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigation Color

The red Navigation color is nearly impossible to distinguish from major roads that are also the same red.  What idiot selected this color?  Change it to a different color or give us the option to change it.  Do the Garmin employees get paid by Wahoo to make Garmin units so worthless?

• You could use the word "idiot" a little more sparingly - it appears in every one of your recent posts.
    And by the way: the colors of the navigation lines are - by default - all purple or blue. None are red, unless you choose red for certain line types.
    Maybe Wahoo is the better choice for you...

• Have you tried using other maps? You don't have to use the maps Garmin provides.

• I have looked at all of the OSM maps, the only format usable on Garmin 1030, and they are basically all the same.  I tried to revise OSM maps in my area, but though they show some dirt roads with a double dashed line, it is not an option to assign.  Check them out, the best map for showing dirt roads and all roads accurately is City Navigator.  Bing is the next best, showing many more dirt roads.

The Garmiin 800 with Garmin City Navigator, which I paid extra for willingly, is the best software available.  Yet Garmin prevents you from using it on the Edge 1030.

• red Navigation color

Red?

The nav color is magenta. It's always been magenta.

(Sometimes, the line has black borders but it isn't red.)

(The red used for major roads is kinda new.)

• On my Garmin 1030 Plus when I load a route, the color of the calculated route that I should take is red, not magenta.  It is indistinguishable from red primary roads.  If I navigate to the start, that route from where I am to the start is magenta, but again the calculated route is not.

• If it's actually red, your Garmin is broken.

You can post a screen shot.

===========

The loaded track is magenta with black borders.

The calculated route is a lighter magenta with dark magenta borders.

The calculated route line is wider than the track line.

If you are using "turn guidance", the device shows the calculated route with the track drawn over it.

============

The magenta is a bit hard to see over the reddish roads. In the US, they tend to be roads where cycling is not allowed.