This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 + gradient issue

My new 1030 plus is a replacement for 810.

the gradient is so slow the climb is half over before it is correct. Speed display jumps all over the place. Strava routes are nearly impossible to load.

I had them last week, but they have now disappeared. Is this really the best that Garmin can do?

what a rubbish device.

• This is impacting all of the '30 devices. As a current owner of a 500, 800, and 1000 this has never been an issue. I'm commenting as an owner of an 830 who returned an immature software 1030 plus. The current 830 isn't better but it is $200 less expensive.

• There is a new beta version 4.18 but nothing is written about our problem, is there anything new?

• The altitude graph still lags behind by a few seconds with 4.18 so I would assume the gradient issue is still present as well.

• Two months and.. we are still waiting.

• I have been in email exchanges with Garmin support, they have really messed me around.  They act as if this is not a known problem, that is such a level of incompetence that it is disgraceful.  Blake has promised to touch base more often, he is failing to do that, more poor customer support.

They had huge problems when the launched the original 1000, it took a year to resolve them and they ignored their customers then.  I really though they had learnt and would not be so disrespectful again.  How wrong was I.

Come on Garmin, come on Blake, get your finger out, keep us informed and do your job.  As for customer support, change your name as you are clearly not.

• Your only a customer, you don't matter!

• I completely understand the frustration and I apologize for my lack of communication. It is tough to balance the right amount of updates when all I can offer right now is that we are still actively looking into this. 

Not having any concrete information can sometimes cause more frustration, but that is no excuse for not updating everyone. We are receiving customer data now and looking into the issue further. If anyone is willing to install a beta build to gather data for us, that would be very beneficial as this is not an issue that we can consistently recreate internally. 

• If anyone is willing to install a beta build to gather data for us, that would be very beneficial as this is not an issue that we can consistently recreate internally. 

I would be willing to install a beta build to help you gather data.

• I would also be happy to run the beta software, I will even run two Garmins in parallel, I have a standard 1030 and can use that as a comparator.  I will do anything within reason to move this forward.

• I am happy to run the beta version