This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 1030 plus Navigation turn map how to change it to the real map instead of a visual presentation of the road?

Hi

I have the 1030 plus now for 6 months bevore that I had the 1000

but when I navigate and get a turn pop up, on the 1000 I got a real map so I can exactly see where the route goes over the map, but on the 1030 plus I get a sort of visual presetation of a map but its far from the real situation with complex left/right turns real short after each other I only see that I need to go left and somewhere richt but not exact where I need to go right.

In long trips I can ride like 15 times wrong because of this.....

is there a way to change this? I have lookt every where in the options but cant find a option for it?

with kind reagars

Paul

• I’m assuming your unit is in 3D mode. 

Edit the profile. 

Navigation -> Map -> Orientation -> Track up

• I have these like you say, not using 3D mode.

but thx for the comment Slight smile

• This is the same problem I have. I did asked already for a solution but no luck. 

The problem is the routing, if you use osm maps to route and end up at an intersection where two streets are not perfectly aligned on each other the unit wil give you the instruction to turn left en directly after that to turn right. 

It is easily solvable to just switch to the map screen en leave the turn by turn popup for what it is. Just give the option to auto switch to the map screen at a user friendly zoom level and after the turn switch back to data fields. 

Tip: Paul, if you don't want to have the problem keep your garmin during a ride on the map screen, then the tbt pop up wont show. 

• I switch to map screen most of the times but yday it was pretty cold and my heavy gloves dont work to wel with the touch screen. so I whas a bit fett up with it.

With heavy turns in a city our so I keep it on the map.

Also use komoot to plan because Basecamp is so outdated and takes long to make a good route

• Two ideas:

1.  I have my maps set to zoom, so that as I approach a turn, the map gets bigger and bigger, showing more detail.

2.  I seldom wear really heavy gloves (I'm in Southern California), but I have my Touch Sensitivity set to high, and that works with lightweight full fingered gloves.

• That's the clue, op doesn't want the zoom (and with zoom turned of the prompts still show) We just want a overview of the big map when a turn is comming up. No more detailed prompt