This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Excessive speed

Hi,

I have a problem with my Edge 1030 Plus. During a track, the speed increases and doesn't corresponds any more to the real speed. Today, at the end of the morning, a distance of 1700 kms with an average speed higher than 100 km/h have been recorded !

Does a reset can solve the problem ?

• ...at the end of the morning....1700 km....??

Which sensors do you use? 

• I use the sensors of the Brose motor of my Levo and hearth rate. During the ride, I saw the speed increase and of course the numer of kilometers of the ride is not correct.

• I assume the problem might be rather the Levo/Kenevo TCU. 
    How to reset:

• Thank you for your answer. I have an older version of Levo. I'll check the way to reset TCU on a 2018 Turbo Levo.

• This speed problem came „out of the  blue“ this morning? Without changing software or sensor connections?

• Yes ! I use my Edge 1030 plus without any poblem since august and now I have this issue during each ride.

• Have you tried to delete the Levo as speed sensor and repair again?
    Have you checked which speed is read in Mission Control?

• I have a 2020 Turbo Levo and the Specialized cycle computer. Occasionally and perhaps only on longer rides it goes a bit mad well into the ride and starts to count trip distance at a highly increased rate. Possibly about 10 times reality. This does not affect the odometer. Others have this problem too. I usually have a Garmin Edge 1000 and speed sensor on the bike and wonder if this may affect things. My speed is always correct.

• Any time you see an error like this, the cause will be coming from whatever sensor is reporting the value. A spike in power would come from the power meter for example and not from the Edge it's paired to. 

I would be curious to hear back after you've tried to reset or calibrate the Levo to see if this resolves it. 

I have a 2020 Turbo Levo and the Specialized cycle computer.

Are you seeing the incorrect speed values on your Specialized head unit or on the Edge? 

• I only get incorrect trip distance readings on the Spec head unit. I know of another bike that does the same very occasionally as well.

I did not explain it very well in my previous post and freely admit I do not fully understand what is going on. What I was tying to say is that I think this problem may be a Specialized bike issue. My Specialized 2020 Turbo Levo has the cycle computer that is made for the bike. It uses internal sensors in the bike to wirelessly read cadence, speed and distance. Occasionally my trip distance on the Specialized cycle computer begins to read very high. The speed reading and odometer are not affected. I think Mission Control phone app gives the correct trip distance but am a bit hazy on that one.

My Edge 1000 using  the Garmin speed sensor is unaffected. I wondered if the OP was using the Specialized fake channels (which I do not use) to get those readings on his Garmin and it occasionally goes wrong.

In my case I wonder if the Edge or its speed sensor may interfere with the bike sensors sometimes. 

I do not expect Garmin to have a solution to this as I do not see it as a Garmin fault. I was trying to point this out on yesterdays post.