This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 plus map header

On  my previous garmin (edge 1000) the map header showed the next intersecting street (when I wasn't navigating a course). In the 1030 it only shows the street I am actually riding on (which isn't always useful). Is there any way to get it to function the way the 1000 did? If not, please Garmin put that functionality back when you do the next firmware updgrade....that was a pretty basic function to take away....

• Good call.

On a long road constantly displaying the current road I'm riding on is redundant. WTF Garmin?

1. I have the opposite problem. My 1030 Plus used to place the current road on the header and I preferred this. Then today, it started putting the next intersecting road as the header. I did not change any settings and cannot figure out how to change it back. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
  • Wow. That's random. I don't even think they updated the firmware, so that's a mystery. But maybe you and I should just swap 1030pluses? :)) Seriously, it does show that the capability to do both is built into the software, and I would think it would be not a big lift to have Garmin build in an option so the user can select whichever header they want.

• I imagine that it's a function of the particular map installed. I purchased the 24k TOPO map for my previous  Edge 1000, and it offers lots of detail as well as detailed calculations. The same goes for the City Navigator, CN, map.

• It shouldn't be a function of the particular map. All the maps (that can be used for routing) know about intersections and cross streets.

People talking about it here are likely using the default (same) map anyway.

============================

I checked my 1030+ and it shows the current road (not the upcoming intersection).

It's easier to display the current street. It's possible that it was changed because showing the upcoming cross street took too much CPU time or wasn't as reliable.

Maybe, it would be better to show the cross street within 0.1 miles and the current street otherwise.

• I thought perhaps it was a function of the map.  I installed a 24k topo on my 1030 plus and this is when the header changed to the upcoming intersection from the current path/road.  So I disabled the 24k topo map today.  The result?  The header with the default map remains as the upcoming intersection.  EXCEPT for an about 5 minute period of time on today's ride where the header reverted to showing the current road.  "Riding on...." etc.  Then it went back to showing the upcoming intersection.  Does anyone have any idea how to control the header as the OP asked?  I really would like to be able to figure this one out!