This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bontrager Flare RT Battery level indicator

I've seen a few questions about the 1030plus and Flare RT combo - this one specifically relates to the battery indicator.

I've not had any issues with battery life or drain with the Flare RT - it's only a few months old. However whenever I connect it to the 1030 plus, the notification comes up to let me know that the battery is low. This is even after leaving the battery on charge overnight.

Has anyone else seen this issue? The battery level on the bontrager screen is always showing low so it's not an accurate representation of the life left in the unit.

Cheers,

G

• that is the best data field, trust me! it has a lot of features and the gps permission allows the light to have different behaviours depending of the gps position...

other features are described on the description, like deceleration, time, speed...all can change the blink mode of your light

• The battery indicator is faulty on the Flare and Garmin computers. The product has a defect that needs to be fixed. The work around is a pain and I don’t bother with it. I just make sure it is fully charged each day and disregard the battery indicator. It is not a product I would recommend to fellow cyclists. 

• exactly! I don't care about it and charge the light every 2 or 3 rides! it's well know that Garmin is the worst regarding updates e fix problems!

• you'll have to ask the developer - or look at the publicly available source code - to be sure, but if I had to guess the GPS access is needed for the control-light-by-speed option and/or use location to find local sunrise/sunset times.

• Thanks, this worked, at least for now.

• Thanks - I had the same issue and thought it was due to the light is old and battery isworn out.

Did everything as you said and it works perfectly.