This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Plus Restart During Activity

I've been using my new 1030 Plus for 1 month, firmware is updated to the last official release (not beta), everything is ok but ... it happened twice during my longest acitvities (5 hours) that the 1030+ restarted.

After the restart I was able to press the start button and resume the activity without loosing data (only 40-50 seconds of data were lost while the device was restarting) but all the following metrics were lost:

• training status
  • training effect
  • heat acclimation
  • recovery time

In particular, heat acclimation is not working anymore for all the activities I'm recording after the restart. Recovery time restarted from 0. All the other metrics are now working ok.

Two questions:

• is this a known bug?
  • how can I make Heat acclamation work correctly again?
  • The same happened on my 1030 plus!

• This happened to me during a 10 hour ride yesterday as well. Garmin Connect now thinks I did no ride yesterday and my training load metrics are now all stuffed because of it. 

Would love it if there was a way to replay the ride so all the training load metrics can be recalculated. 

• thats excactly what I am locking for...sucks...

• I gave up on Garmin Connect for my training metrics soon after this and moved to Xert. Very happy with it!

• I owned the 1030 Plus for thee weeks, and my last two rides were using courses downloaded from ridewithgps.com, both times after the course finished I continued riding, and then randomly the computer restarted. I contacted Garmin support, spent 40 minutes on the phone, sent 7 MB of files and folders, but have heard nothing back from support. I just returned the 1030 Plus for a full refund at REI, and came home with a Wahoo ROAM instead.

• Interesting. I have never used RWGPS, I am using only komoot or garmin connect route creator and never had any issue with stability.

• I've used RWGPS on many devices: Garmin 520, Garmin 820, Garmin 1030 Plus, Wahoo Bolt, Wahoo Roam. The two cycling clubs that I ride lead for use only RWGPS, because it's kind of the Gold Standard for creating and sharing cycling routes. Yeah, all of my 1030 and 1030 Plus buddies have stable devices, but my 1030 Plus was not reliable, so back it went.

• This happened today on my 10 hour ride.  The 1030 Plus restarted about 8 hours into the ride, and when it came back on, my power meter would not reconnect and I lost power and cadence data.  Also, training effect is ridiculously low; looks like it is based on the part of the ride recorded after the restart.  

has there been any update from Garmin on this issue?  Anyone figure out what causes it?

ETA: The course I was using was created in Garmin Connect. 

• I've had couple of restarts too. And of course on the long rides. I've also noticed that reboots may happen, if during activity I have both Bluetooth (GC iOS) and Strava live segments enabled. If I need to use Strava live segments, I need to disable Bluetooth connection to phone. If I want to use Bluetooth connection to phone (to get notifications) I need to disable Strava live segments. So far when either had been disabled, I haven't had any 1030+ reboots even on longer rides. 

• Garmin tech support spent 40 minutes with me on the phone, and I even emailed them megabytes of log files after my two reboots, however they never replied at all, it was totally silent. My Wahoo ROAM has been drama free since day one.