This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Live Segments “Off Segment” warnings & other map related issues.

Hi, 

On my last few rides I noticed that my Starred Strava Segments are rarely popping up and the few that do pop up then give me an “Off Segment” alert and then the segment screen data page disappears completely. This behaviour is occurring whether I’m following a Course created in Strava or not. All the Segments are enabled on the device.

Another issue that I have noticed is  that whilst following a Course (created and starred in Strava so it auto syncs to the device) that I quite often get “Off Course” alerts and asking me to do a U-turn when in fact I know I am still on my chosen local course. 
I am using GPS + Glonass and according to my screen, I have a full GPS ‘fix’

On my previous Edge 1030 I never had any such issues. 

I will email Garmin Support to see if they can offer any solution

Has anyone had similar issues?  

Top Replies

All Replies

• I noticed that when following a course the segments never popped up, they seem to always show up if I’m not following a course

• I have this exact same issue. I have created routes in strava, starred both the course and the segments on that route and ensured that after sync, the strava segments are also on the device. Garmin connect is already setup to use strava live segments, and not garmin segments, and yet, I cannot reliably get live segments to pop up when navigating a course created in strava. Is there anyone that has gotten this to reliably work?

• Garmin Edge 1030 plus.  I've noticed the live segment pops up, it says off segment. If your following a course, when the live segment 'off course' disappears, your route that you was following also disappears.  So you have to reset the route everytime.  Useless to be fair.

•  Were you able to resolve this problem? I’m seeing the exact same issue on my 1030. — jay

• I also have the same issue with 1030 plus. Does anyone found a solution for this problem?