This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

gradient lag 1030plus

My new 1030plus is reporting the gradient changes with an annoying delay (more than 4 seconds). When it says i'm ascending i'm already up and when it finally says i'm descending i'm already a few hundred meters on zero gradient. 

My 820 did not have this issue... Will this be fixed?!

Kind regards.

R.

• I AM STILL WAITING FOR GARMIN's second response on this issue, the first response after 11 days of waiting was to do a hard reset. After insisting on the matter for the second time I am still waiting for a decent response from GARMIN FOR 17 DAYS and no response of any kind. Where did you hear that from the world report? On what models and on what subject exactly would this of the world report be?

• every reset will not fix the problem, they also gave me a new device but i still have the problem. garmin's italy phone support told me that they are working to solve this problem on the 1030 plus. I hope they resolve because I am disappointed

• After 18 days waiting, GARMIN has responded. The only answer now is, that according to the information I give them, I have to send my device to their facilities.
    Just this, not a single word about whether the bugs are common or not, whether they are fixing it or not.
    They also don't tell me if they are going to try to repair the device or send me a new one.
    What would you do in my place?
    Would you require a garmin commitment to pay me back? since from what is read in the forum, are general failures, with which the new one that they send me will be just as bad. or even worse, send me one repaired with the same faults and on top of that it would no longer be new and with a shortened warranty.

• They had replaced it with a new one but the problem has not been solved. it is a general problem and I hope that they will solve it through software updates because this problem is not admissible on top garmin device

• Brand new device, all latest updates and FW 4.10 installed, and same problem here. It's not just gradient, it's also speed that lags. Both gradient and speed lag 10-15 seconds behind. I checked it with other devices. Even my Vivoactive 4 watch is quicker. Well, even my 15 year old Cateye is quicker!

Real shame, because i really liked the 1030 Plus, but now i'm considering returning it.

• I will be closing this thread out and ask everyone to continue this conversation here: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1030-plus/256393/1030-gradient-issue-speed-sensor-issue-strata-maps-issue

I understand this is the more long-running thread, but would like to continue the conversation on the newer thread to keep everyone up to date/to filter out feedback from previous software builds.