This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 + : plenty of bugs

The new Edge 1030 + is plenty of bugs : 

Strava segments don't work properly : it's not the case with the edge 1030

Climbpro doesn't work when activating "back to the start" : it was working on the edge 1030

Virtual partner : the time ahead or behind is wrong on a course done with strava for example: It' s the same with edge 1030

Sometimes livetrack doesn't start.....

• don”t worry, in two years , when 1040 will be released, they fill broke firmware even more

So be happy now 

• Bugs,bugs,bugs...

-grade indicator is extremely slow.
     1030 runs a few seconds faster and better !

-radar sensor- vehicle column cannot be changed from right to left.

-light widget- light mode individual not working, you cannot set and keep pulsating light.

Problems with segments, maps etc.

After two hours of  cycling I can find many new bugs.

Has anyone tested these device before launch ?

• * baseCamp does not recognize Edge 1030 Plus properly
    * not possible to download Garmin BirdsEye maps in baseCamp to the Edge 1030 Plus (properly working with other Edge devices)
    * I dont like the display - too pale colours, dark (with 100% setting) compared to ef edge Explore or Garmin 1000 (McInner says that the normal
       1030 still had the same display issue)

• Another Bug : When having riden a segment, the segment screen doesn't disappear

• baseCamp does not recognize Edge 1030 Plus properly
    > works fine here (Macbook pro)

not possible to download Garmin BirdsEye maps in baseCamp to the Edge 1030 Plus (properly working with other Edge devices)
    > Not tried.

I dont like the display - too pale colours, dark (with 100% setting) compared to ef edge Explore or Garmin 1000 (McInner says that the normal.    1030 still had the same display issue)
    > See other topics, the display is reflective and works best in sunlight. The display is same or better as in the 1030. I have the backlight off and the display is just great.

When having ridden a segment, the segment screen doesn't disappear
    > no problem here, segment disappears fine

• 1 Error message with BaseCamp fir Windows

2 According to Garmin buy website for Germany and Austria Edge 1030 Plus is a compatible Edge gear for BirdsEye

link to buy.garmin.com

but it does not work

Regard

• Do you have a Birdseye subscription?

• I bought a new one especially for pairing with my new 1030 Plus. Old ones do not work with new devices as all subsciptions only work with one device (stupid idea of Garmin but thats the way they do it ...).

Didnt work anyway .. 

• Why someone is using Basecamp? Whats the point

I have use that program 10 years ago

• Easy to say - tell me a better possibility to upload raster maps which I use for biking and mountain hiking to my new Edge 1030 plus?