This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava beacon doesn’t launch with Live Track !

Hi,

i can’t start strava Beacon on my new device when i used Live Track !

While it works perfectly on my current device which is 1030.

I am very disappointed with my purchase.

Finally nothing really changes except a faster processor and increased autonomy.

Pairing problems are still topical, others also complain about them on the forum.

I think it would have been wiser to release a new model with a completely redesigned internal architecture.

Luckily I ordered my meter directly on the Garmin site, still having my current model the 1030 fully functional I will send it back since I have 30 days money back guarantee.

In the application menu Garmin Strava Beacon is however well activated as shown in the photo. But on the device it is not activated and we do not know how to do it.

When I connect the meter to an old Samsung Galaxy S7 it works perfectly!

• Not for me, just the same bug.

• The v3 update hasn’t fixed the issue for me :( 

• I have fixed the issue on my phone by a work around

On my iPhone I disconnected the Garmin from my phone both Bluetooth connections and from the Garmin itself.

Then on an Android phone I set up the Garmin along with Strava and configured Beacon and all worked as it should do sent the SMS beacon and the Garmin live track with no issues

I then went back to my iPhone and added the Garmin back to my iPhone and this time it all worked as expected and the toggle switch for Strava Beacon on the device is now working, same for Twitter if you want to use that which has the same issue.

So this is a work around and users Android phones it will not help, or even just borrow a friends just to get the toggle switch over.

I have passed my findings onto Garmin and are still working with them on this, but as far as i can see this has been resolved for me (Not they way the product should work but it got the job done)

• Thanks for sharing this Timboellis. While I do not have an Android phone, I do have an Android tablet from work. I installed Garmin Connect and Starva on my tablet and followed your instructions. Once the Strava flag was enabled on the Edge1080, I disconnected it from the Android tablet and connected back to my iPhone. Next day I went ridging and my beacon alert was sent to my emergency recipient. 

• Great news, shame Garmin cant fix it, I did raise a case with them and gave all the info

• Last Garmin Connect iOS fix the issue. Now Strava beacon are sent without the needs of work arounds.

• Not for me it hasn't? did you have to change any settings to make it work or did last IOS connect update just fix it?

• I disabled live trecking, sync, re-enabled, and re-sync.

• All,

I can confirm taking those steps outlined has also corrected this for me and Beacon Notifications are now being sent.

Thanks

• Сan you explain it in more detail: did you disable tracking (first step) in the mobile application or on the device? Because I still have this problem with my 1030 Plus (4.0.0.0). I use Garmin Connect Mobile (latest version 4.37.2) on Android and Strava beacon still doesn’t launch with LiveTrack.