This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava beacon doesn’t launch with Live Track !

Hi,

i can’t start strava Beacon on my new device when i used Live Track !

While it works perfectly on my current device which is 1030.

I am very disappointed with my purchase.

Finally nothing really changes except a faster processor and increased autonomy.

Pairing problems are still topical, others also complain about them on the forum.

I think it would have been wiser to release a new model with a completely redesigned internal architecture.

Luckily I ordered my meter directly on the Garmin site, still having my current model the 1030 fully functional I will send it back since I have 30 days money back guarantee.

In the application menu Garmin Strava Beacon is however well activated as shown in the photo. But on the device it is not activated and we do not know how to do it.

When I connect the meter to an old Samsung Galaxy S7 it works perfectly!

• I pushed my investigations a little further. On the iPhone Strava Bacon refuses to launch. On the GALAXY S7, it starts and sends repetitive links every 3 minutes !! Really not at all perfect their current product I return them without hesitation. I think it will take many updates before having a stable product. This has been the case with the 1030, it's not been that long since everything has worked more or less perfectly. A few more lapses in launching LiveTrack. What a shame to have launched on the market an unfinished product and still presenting many bugs !!

• Ho Oliver, I am having the same problems with my Iphone and 1030plus. Everything was also working perfectly on my previous 1030. Did you already found a solution?

• No, actually there is no solution.

we must to wait for a future update of firmware.

i returned this day the device to garmin, i had 30 days money back.

i keep my old 1030

• Same problem here

Have Garmin responded to your query?

having the flagship Garmin and paying for Strava premium is very frustrating losing a key feature. It sends beacon fine from my Fenix 5s plus 

• I have the exact same problem.

Only solution i have found is manually start Livetrack from garmin connect on ios and the beacon is sent but never when set to Auto start or when started manually from edge itself!

Very very annoying as apart from 1030 being a little slow at least it fully worked

• Well i'm glad i found this post , I too am having the exact same issue, Works on my watch but not on the 1030 plus , i went over to Wahoo and just did not like it then 1030 Plus came out so thought it would at least at the bear minimum work the same if not better that the 1030 i had before.

But yet again Garmin using their paying customers as Beta testers!!

• I have fixed the issue on my phone by a work around

On my iPhone I disconnected the Garmin from my phone both Bluetooth connections and from the Garmin itself.

Then on an Android phone I set up the Garmin along with Strava and configured Beacon and all worked as it should do sent the SMS beacon and the Garmin live track with no issues

I then went back to my iPhone and added the Garmin back to my iPhone and this time it all worked as expected and the toggle switch for Strava Beacon on the device is now working, same for Twitter if you want to use that which has the same issue.

So this is a work around and users Android phones it will not help, or even just borrow a friends just to get the toggle switch over.

I have passed my findings onto Garmin and are still working with them on this, but as far as i can see this has been resolved for me (Not they way the product should work but it got the job done)

• The same for me: if I start livetrack from iPhone Garmin Connect app, the Strava beacon works, but if I start livetrack from device (1030 plus), livetrack starts but no strava beacon is launched.

• Well since i completed the steps on my last post its been working fine,

• There was a software update today to version 3.0 but I can't find the release notes any where. Hopefully this issue is covered in this update.