This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Favorite Courses Not Syncing

My new Edge 1030 plus wont sync the starred (favourite) courses that i highlight in Garmin Connect. My old Edge 1030 did this automatically. I can copy courses across but I have over 200 and dont want to do this every time. Also the Kamoot and Strava course sync doesn't work either. Is this a bug ?

• +1 for the Strava Sync as mine are not working either! Raised a ticket with Strava but no firm response yet.

• You may have to un-star and re-star any courses that were already there. 

• Did this already I am afraid. Many times over and still no luck...restarted, waited overnight and still nothing. I can send to device manually but not automatically. 

• Indeed, it’s not working. For Strava you can use IQ app, that’s working fine here. 

• This is pretty incredible. Such basic functionality missing from a premier product launch (including the issues with maps that is listed on another post). How does this get through any pre-launch testing? Unless this model was rushed out ahead of the Karoo 2 launch?

• Yep! I had the maps issue as well...not an issue actually but presented in a bad way. Agree with you about quality control and software testing however. Give it a few weeks and there will be a huge update I am sure. This strava issue is probably an API back of house issue they can fix remotely. 

• I can't get either courses from Garmin connect or Strava Routes to sync.  Tried starring/unstarring, tried it via the abysmal Garmin Express software too, not joy, just says No Courses Saved on the device.  Works fine for my Fenix 6X.  Why is there any need now for Garmin Express btw?  devices should sync with Garmin connect app on phone which syncs to the cloud.  Express is legacy software that just adds further confusion

• I have the same issue. If I create a new Strava route, it syncs fine. But the existing ones don't sync even if I un-star and star them in Strava.

• I'm having the same issue but haven't heard anything about why this randomly stopped working?  I was using it fine for the first few weeks after the Strava course integration rolled out.  I assume some recent updates broke the functionality? 

• It looks like new Strava routes are copying to Garmin, but not existing routes.  I found if i duplicate and mark as Favorite the routes I want to sync the new copy will transfer to the Garmin.  So at least there is a basic workaround.