This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen quality different to 1030?

I’d be interested to know How the new 1030 plus screen compares to the 1030 screen in terms of visibility and richness of colour. Is it better fullstop or the same?

• It is better in that the touch screen handles differently- for example when it rains. It will be the same as the screen used on the Edge 830.

I am not aware of any changes in the panel type used so I doubt it will "pop" more.

• Screen is more responsive but still has the same washed-out look when compared to the 530/830. It's not bad... just not as rich in colour depth. 

• That’s an interesting observation- I would have assumed that the screen is the same one they used in the 530/830 just bigger and with a higher resolution 

• I'm wondering if the screen on the 1030 plus is the same replacement screen Garmin has been using for the 1030's with the blue halo problem? What is the screen TSC version on the 1030 plus?

• Shane, firstly I’m honoured to have a reply from you! I follow you on YouTube and really respect the effort you put into the videos and testing. So thanks for that! 

• I’ve gone ahead and upgraded to a plus and sold on the refurbed 1030. I’m actually really happy so far. Some lovely little touches like the speaker loudness and soooooo much more responsive and very quick to load up etc. As said, the screen quality is no improvement in looks but is much more sensitive. Pairs to sensors quicker and looks nicer in black matte finish. 

• The screen is clearly not the same as 830 since when the units are turned off on 1030 Plus it is white and in 830 it is black. I had a 3 h ride with the new unit and I has pouring rain for at least 30 min, the screen is amazing. It looked fade in the evening indoor when I unboxed it but it is perfect outdoor in the sunlight.

• Got the edge 1030 plus. Display is much paler than the 830.

• Another little update. Been out on my bike today and spent a little time looking at the 1030plus and been able to compare it to my old 1030. I’m really pleased with it, screen more responsive By a mile and loading times and connection to sensors is rapid in comparison. The screen I would say is possibly very slightly better in terms of colour saturation but looks good and is easy to see and read. Battery power is good, over 1h30 minutes with cad/speed/hrm/di2 and radar connected, not 1 dropout at all and still sat at 96% battery. 

For what I paid after selling my 1030 and paying the extra, I’m happy with the upgrade for the minimal amount of cash added.