This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software update for Speed sensor.

I have 2 speed sensors 1 for each bike.
Today I noticed that one of them is on Sw2.2 how do i update?

Spd sensor1: Model9, Man1, Sw 2.20
Spd sensor2: Model9, Man1, Sw 2.30
  • really?

is possible to connect with pc???
  • More to the point ... does it mater?

Do you know what the differences in the software versions are?
  • More to the point ... does it mater?

Do you know what the differences in the software versions are?

No I don't I have not found a link to any page telling me.
    It matters if something is changed and since I can't get the 920xt to work properly with it.

Not a very helpful comment.
  • I think the comments more reflect surprise that you found that there are two software versions. I haven't see any comments at all concerning software versions of the sensor. Where did you find the version info? I would be surprised if that has anything to do with the xt920 problems. What are the problems?
  • It might be "factory fitted" firmware and not user upgradeable.
    As for what's different, you could always ask Garmin, it's possible that later versions support newer devices etc.
  • I don't know if the speed sensor falls in to this category, but resent software builds on the Edge 1000 and FR920 have added the ability to update some sensors from the device.

Currently I know it supports Vector and some models of Garmin heart rate monitors. Not sure about any other sensor types.
  • I don't know if the speed sensor falls in to this category, but resent software builds on the Edge 1000 and FR920 have added the ability to update some sensors from the device.

Currently I know it supports Vector and some models of Garmin heart rate monitors. Not sure about any other sensor types.

No not as of 3.10 E1000
  • I think the comments more reflect surprise that you found that there are two software versions. I haven't see any comments at all concerning software versions of the sensor. Where did you find the version info? I would be surprised if that has anything to do with the xt920 problems. What are the problems?

The first question that your asked is... Do you have the latest software?
    The info is shown under sensor details on the E1000 or 920XT
    Most of my problems is with the Vector.
  • I checked this morning on my Edge 1000.
    I used 3 speed sensors.
    When going into details I had a field offering software update on 2 of the 3 sensors.
    I accepted updates..
    i still have three software level, 2.10, 2.20 and 2.30, hardware level might be different, I have noticed the field but I do not recall the value.

After update of Edge Software to 5.00 all this has changed,
    Software level is 65535, Man is 32767, Mod 9934, SN 2147483647 The same for all sensor speed and cadence ????
    Sensor search has changed.