This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Magnet less speed sensor doesn't seem to be working correctly.

I recently bought a new bike and switched the magnet less sensor from the front wheel of my old Mtn bike to the front wheel of my new Mtn bike. Now it doesn't seem to be working. I'm having a problem with the GPS functionality of my Edge 510 at the same time and I'm not sure if it's one problem or two separate problems. The problem with my Edge is that the GPS is cutting in and out frequently. When I hear the beep the "GPS Fix acquired" I've noticed on quite a few occasions my speed reads 0.0mph. I've also noticed that the distance of known routes is off since I moved everything to my new bike. Wednesday it was off by over a mile. I should also mention that the sensor IS connecting to the Edge 510 when I start my ride. I did a hard reset of the 510 to try and fix the GPS problem and took my bike for a quick mile down the road. It picked up the speed sensor just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Two things to try are selecting to set the wheel size manually and turning off GPS. I don't know if the 510 has a reasonableness check on the sensor. If it does the GPS problems may be affecting the speed source selection. There might be some information in the FIT file that could help if you want to post it..