This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replacement Bands for cadence sensor

Hi,

As above, does anyone know where I can source some replacement rubber bands that hold the cadence sensor in place? Lots of places selling the quarter turn mount bands, but can't find any selling the type that hold on the magnetless cadence sensor.

Mike.
  • I was thinking about eliminating the rubber band and using some 3M double stick tape, or velcro. Changing the battery will be more of a PITA but it will have a cleaner, more stealthy look.
  • Has anybody found anywhere to pick these up, I have damaged mine and could do with finding a replacement
  • Has anybody found anywhere to pick these up, I have damaged mine and could do with finding a replacement

Mine also just broke. I used the next smaller size out of the box, but now it's stretched a bit thin an sitting right next to the pedal on the crank.

I am just planning on discarding the band and using double stick tape or velcro instead.
  • I have the cadence magnet for my GSC10 held on my crank with heat shrinkable tubing. Might work for the magnetless cadence sensor too. The larger sizes are easily found online or at suppliers that support your local industry.
  • Tubing for sensor band?

I have the cadence magnet for my GSC10 held on my crank with heat shrinkable tubing. Might work for the magnetless cadence sensor too. The larger sizes are easily found online or at suppliers that support your local industry.

Did you use clear or does it matter that the unit is obscured by tube?
    Thanks
  • I used the vinyl heat shrinkable tube. I don't think it will matter what color it is. I used black because it's the most common and also is the color of my crank arms.

In the case of those holding on magnets, it might weaken the magnetic field some, but a small hole can be cut out over the magnet to allow it to work with the sensor better.

In the case of those holding on the magnetless sensor, I don't think it will affect the signal strength very much, but trial and error is cheap in this case.

One thing to watch for though is if your crank arms are tapered, then make sue you cut the tube long enough for it not to shift position toward the smaller end. Or possibly a bit of double sided tape under the magnet or sensor in combination with the shrink tube will keep it in position.
  • US Source for replacement bands

After seeing referrals to the Garmin UK site as Part Number: 010-12104-02 for 4.49GBP, found the part number and searched on the Garmin US site at about 1/2 the cost.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod520288.html

$4.99 at the present.

:cool: