This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 800 w/new magnet less speed sensor speed drops/bridges only?

I have a Garmin 800 with a new magnet less speed sensor, every time I go up a bridge, ride on a bridge, down a bridge the sensor speed just drops every few minutes. If I'm on flat ground, no problems. Basically it acts like its auto paused even though I'm moving. I tried a new battery, front wheel, rear wheel, cleaning the contacts. If I turn off auto pause, I can still see the speed drop, heart rate drops to 0, then it resumes. If I disable sensor all together, everything works as it should. Not sure what else to do with this.

Thanks.
  • With loosing both speed and heart rate something might be interfering with the ANT+ transmission. It is the same frequency as WiFi. If that is what's happening there really isn't much you can do about it except for not having a sensor. Data does not get recorded when the Edge is auto-paused so by turning it off you would always have the GPS data to use. But unless you spend a lot of time on the bridges it might not be worth being concerned about.