This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

920Xt and Garmin GSC-10

I cant pair my GSC-10 with my 920XT. I have read several issues on here and cant find any solution. My watch just says "No Sensors Found" when I search ALL, or "Pedal to Activate the sensor" when I search for the Speed and Cadence sensor. Any ideas?
  • You need the "spd/cad" option and not the "speed and cadence" option.

Spd/Cad is a single unit sending both speed and cadence.
    Speed and cadence is 2 separate units. One sending speed the other sending cadence.
  • You need the "spd/cad" option and not the "speed and cadence" option.

Spd/Cad is a single unit sending both speed and cadence.
    Speed and cadence is 2 separate units. One sending speed the other sending cadence.

Yes I'm using the speed/cadence unit. It won't pair
  • Hello all,

I've a garmin 920XT paired with a GSC-10. Cadence is working fine, but I think I got speed from GPS (speed is changing too much).
    My 920XT got firmware 4.2 I've paired it after thge upgrade without change.
    When turning the wheel green light of GSC-10 is flashing.
    I saw pepole advising to paire with "cadence and speed" but I only got "cadence/speed"

Hope someone may help

Best regards
  • I saw pepole advising to paire with "cadence and speed" but I only got "cadence/speed
    On the Edges the GSC10 is type "Spd/Cad" so I think you have the correct setting. If you are getting cadence and the green test light flashes to show speed is working you should be getting speed too. Does speed show when you spin the wheel?

It could be that the GSC10 is not triggering consistently because of poor magnet alignment. There is a line on the speed arm. The magnet should be aligned with it and the gap should be 2 to 5 mm.
  • On the Edges the GSC10 is type "Spd/Cad" so I think you have the correct setting. If you are getting cadence and the green test light flashes to show speed is working you should be getting speed too. Does speed show when you spin the wheel?

It could be that the GSC10 is not triggering consistently because of poor magnet alignment. There is a line on the speed arm. The magnet should be aligned with it and the gap should be 2 to 5 mm.

Thanks for the answer. I will have a look tomorow before riding. The alignment should be OK. I've put the speed arm to the lowest position, i will try to put it to a higher position.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    If you are getting cadence and the green test light flashes to show speed is working you should be getting speed too.
  • Thanks to all, I had put the magnet in front of the arm, tested, and lowered the arm to be a little hidden. The magnet was 5 mm out of the line, that was enough to avoid detection. Now everything fine.