This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC10 flashes red/ green but ANT+ or 500 doesn't detect

Former Member
Former Member
Firstly Hi all,

If anyone out there has had a similar problem and maybe knows a remedy for this..

I've had my GSC10 for about a year now and it's coupled with an Edge 500 for on the road and ANT+ dongle with Trainerroad when I do turbo work. I've never experienced any issues until recently when neither the Edge 500 or Trainerroad detects the GSC10.

I've done the basics, ie changed battery and pressed the reset to check that the cadence flashes red and speed magnet flashes green, which they both do. Also when I inserted the new battery the unit flashed red/ green as described in the manual.

Before I order a new unit, has anyone had similar issues with maybe a fix?

Cheers
Ian
  • It's been a couple years ago, but when I changed the battery on my gsc10 the first time, I had some trouble getting it to show on my edge500. Don't remember the details, but it seems I had to disable the ant sensors from the bike profile, then back out completely and then come back into the profile and set it up again. However the second time I changed the battery, I didn't have any issue.....

When you say you pressed the reset and got the green and red flashes, that was while you were turning the crank and wheel, correct? The gsc10 will flash both right after you press the button just to let you know it's in test mode.
  • Before I order a new unit, has anyone had similar issues with maybe a fix?

Cheers
    Ian
    There have been others with this issue. Try resetting the GSC10 by putting the battery in backwards for 10 seconds. If that doesn't work try something along the lines of bipa's post. You can also go into the menu and change the id setting for sensors. Someone else will have to tell what you exactly can do with that.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Thanks for the response guys.

In answer to Bipa, the unit flashes red/ green on start up and then when the crank and wheel turns the lights flash correctly as each magnet passes its sensor.
    In answer to Tigermountrider, I'll try the reverse polarity idea and look at the unit id configurations.

Thanks again
    Ian
  • it's not reverse polarity. You are just shorting the two terminals to allow the capacitance to discharge. You could do the same with the edge of a coin, piece of foil, wire or anything that conducts electricity.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Doh! of course Bipa. I did that and still no joy.
    I suspect now that water has got in to the unit through the sensor arm interface with the main body.
  • My first gsc10 quit after a year or so. I suspected it was water from an damaged o-ring or like your suspicion, maybe through the sensor arm. I had a water bottle bounce out of the bottle cage and go between the chain-stay on the left side, knocking the gsc10 completely off the bike and bending the arm around.

Second gsc10 is still doing well even though it's gotten just as much or more exposure to wet roads.
  • In my case, it was a problem in bad magnet. Somehow, the test button did not work - no test light at button press. With a good magnet, test light worked (green for speed, red for cad), for a while. After some time (minutes) Garmin Edge found and connected to the sensor, but no lights were flashing on magnet pass.