This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC-10 and Garmin cadence sensor on same bike... Possible?

Hello everyone.

Long story short, I've ended up with a spare magnetless cadence sensor which I was hoping to use on my MTB paired to an Edge 1000. The bike originally had a GSC-10 which has always been a pain since the wheel caught on the GSC's 'leg' when the wheel was removed.

On installing the magnetless cadence sensor, I moved the GSC-10 further towards the rear hub in the hope I could still use the speed component of the sensor.

On the ride I didn't get any cadence information despite pairing both devices. I am new to both the Edge 1000 and the magnetless sensor so I may have made a mistake but failing that I can only assume the GSC-10 has priority over the individual sensor?

Is anyone able to confirm if both sensors can be used together if only one component of the GSC-10 is used? If so, how do I do it?!?

Thanks in advanced,

Adam
  • Sorry you will not be able to get that combination to work. The Edge can only be in communicatio with one speed sensor at a time.

Either the magnetless sensor or the GSC-10, which is combined speed/cadence sensor. It cannot be in communication with both of them at the same time.

You could remove the GSC-10 and get cadence from the magnetless cadence sensor and speed from the GPS. You could then add the magnetless speed sensor if you did not want to use the GPS speed.
  • That's a pity (but not entirely unexpected), as you mention GPS is an option in the interim.

Thanks for the information Alan.

Regards,

Adam