This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

920xt magnetless speed/cad sensors not connecting

Garmin 920 xt with Speed/Cadence magentless sensors.

I've tried them now for 3 indoor rides and haven't been able to get both connected and functioning at the same time. First ride the Cadence sensor was picked up right away and worked great, but the speed sensor wouldn't connect. Before the second ride, I took the battery out of the speed sensor just to ensure there was one in there, and when I did ride directly thereafter, the speed sensor was picked up, but the CAD was not. Just completed a 45 minute ride where neither sensor connected until the last 10 minutes or so. If I tried to connect the sensors manually, it'd tell me to start pedaling to activate the speed sensor (I'd been pedaling for 20+ minutes), and nothing for the CAD. I removed both sensors from the "sensors and accessories" screen, and then tried the search to find them during the ride, but no luck. They finally connected on their own when I was about done. Then went out for a short run and directly after switching to run mode, the unit kept buzzing telling me that the speed and cad sensors were connected (lasted for about 30 seconds). Until I removed them manually from the Sensors and Accessories screen during my ride, both icons appeared at the top of the Bike Indoor watch screen and they both showed up in the sensors and accessories screen with each having their own serial number.

Garmin Connect shows no updates for the watch pending and I just bought it about 4 weeks ago and have been using the sensors only for the last week.

Watch battery shows over 90% life
Software Version shows 2.70
GPS = Off
Bluetooth is disabled
I do have my android cell phone close by (3' away from the watch most of the time)
The first and third rides, I also had my work laptop right next to me, but the second time the laptop was in a different room.
I have not paired it with a HR sensor

I've been reading some of the other threads and perhaps I should switch GPS to on and try it?? Am I wrong to expect that when I switch to Bike Indoors mode, that the sensors should automatically connect and I should be able to start and end my ride with no manual interaction with the watch?