This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing multiple Speed/Cadence (GSC10) sensors to same device

Hi!

I am trying a setup at home with a direct mounted trainer which has an built-in magnet on the flywheel. I have the GSC10 combined speed/cadence sensor mounted on the bike already but it does not reach the trainers speed magnet. I've been thinking about how to solve the issue of not having to move the sensor and thus loosing the cadence data.

So for my only solutions are:
  • Buy a split speed/cadence sensor so that both speed and candence can be read
  • Pair two separated speed/cadence (GSC10) sensors

Not sure that the second option is technically possible at all. Maybe it depends on the receiving software (I will be using the Elite myTraining and possibly my Garmin Edge 800). The first option will definitely work but will cost be additional bucks which is not wanted.

Best Regards,
Stefan
  • Can you just setup 2 bike profiles on the 800?
  • If its just for indoor use you could unscrew the GSC10 speed sensor arm and extend the wires.
    • Pair two separated speed/cadence (GSC10) sensors

I've read elsewhere (but not tested myself) that this will not work - the Edge can apparently only connect to 1 speed sensor at a time (the GSC10 is a combined speed/cadence sensor, so 2 of them will have 2 speed sensors. The Edge will connect only to the first one it finds).

Might be interesting to test this hypothesis - if you can borrow a 2nd GSC10 for a while....
  • Hello,

I know that this a very old thread but I wondered if you'd manged to sort this out? I am in kind of a similar situation. I am a hand biker and am trying to get a setup to work with Fulgaz, Swift or Similar. I am using a Lemond revolution so it has no smarts. The Lemond has a magnet on the flywheel and Wahoo make an old school style speed/cadence sensor that connects to Bluetooth, unfortunately though the cadence function is useless to me as my crank arms dont pass the magnet. To get around this I also bought a dedicated cadence censor, however I am finding that I cannot connect to both at once, normally the dedicated cadence sensor gets disconnected.

I assume this similar to what Bannor has suggested in that the device can only connect to one cadence sensor at a time, does anybody have any thoughts on this? I guess extending the wire is an option

Sam