This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence & Speed sensors won't pair with Garmin Fit on Xperia

Any help appreciated.

I have a Vivosmart, which came with the Ant+ Heart Rate monitor. The heart rate monitor pairs with the Garmin Fit app no problem.

I just bought the Cadence and Speed sensors (no magnets) and they won't pair. The LED's on the sensors flash when they turn on the hub and when the crank moves, but the phone does not detect them..

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 with the Ant+ apps installed

What am I doing wrong.?

Cheers,!

Ed
  • Quite likely the Garmin Fit app doesn't understand the separate ANT+ speed and cadence sensor profiles. In the blurb on its page it mentions speed/cadence, and the GSC-10 (a combo sensor that uses the ANT+ speed/cadence profile) is listed as a compatible device, but not the separate speed and cadence sensors. So you're out of luck unless Garmin updates Fit, and it looks like the last update was in 2012, before they started selling the magnetless sensors in 2014. So probably they'll never work with Fit.
  • Thanks..

I've tried other apps and they don't see the sensors either..? Even Ant+ Plugin Manager app shows the heartrate sensor but nothing for the speed & cadence sensor...

Must be doing something wrong..?
  • Think of it this way. Your sensors are speaking French and your apps only know English. They don't know how to interpret the information that the sensors are sending. The only real alternative is to return the separate sensors and get a GSC-10 if one will mount on your bike, which has been around for years and which Garmin Fit, at least, is supposed to understand. I have a Garmin Fenix, and it will pair with my GSC-10's but not with the separate speed and cadence sensor on my MTB. (I also have an Edge 800, which can pair with all of the sensors.)