This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC-10 Battery Cover O-Ring Size...?

I know Garmin Support can supply this item... but before I call them... does anyone know the size/dimensions needed for this o-ring? Even better would be a SKU for the same from Home Depot or Lowe's. :cool:

Thanks!

-- Jeff
  • Anybody have any luck with the sizing on this? I can't even figure out how to ask support for one....I can't contact support without selecting a device, and the GSC-10 isn't an option.
  • Well, I can say what the wrong size is...

My smallest option for wall was 1/16", although that seems slightly large (but I wasn't going to try and find a 3/64" O-ring!). The closest fit to the original seemed to be 13/16" ID, 15/16" OD. That was definitely too big. I then went for 3/4"ID, 7/8" OD and it really didn't fit, but I managed to jam it together. Managed to chip some of the foam off the battery cover while doing so :mad:

The problem really seems to be the wall size. It may be worth trying something like a 11/16" ID, 13/16" OD and seeing if having to stretch it out to make it fit would narrow the wall enough.
  • I can't even figure out how to ask support for one....I can't contact support without selecting a device, and the GSC-10 isn't an option.
    Just take any option and state your issue, they'll get it to the right person............

However, my last two messages to Garmin Support through the email system have gone completely unanswered. Not even a confirmation that they received my message, so I think somethings been broke there for the last year or so and Garmin's yet to realize it. So calling them is my preferred option as once you get them on the phone, they are yours till you end the call.

As for where to find the o-ring locally, try to find a supplier locally that deals with the local industry. I have used them for specialty items like small gaskets on rubber seals on pumps. Frequently as they are dealing with big dollar orders in bulk for the local industry, they just give me the item as it's not worth the cost of printing the invoice and the time it takes to do so.

The size may well be a third place decimal inch or metric, which is why places like Home Depot won't have them.
  • The O-ring size for the GSC-10 is 21 x 1,5 at least this one fits fine in my cadans meter.