This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed and cadence sensor

My garmin 500 is pairing to the sensor but is not recording any data or showing my cadence as i am cycling ; the sensor light is flashing so i thinking i may have my settings wrong in the garmin any ideas anyone please,
  • Was it working before or is this a new installation? Which type sensor, the new magnetless ones from Garmin, the GSC10 or other? Did you add the "cadence" field to one of your pages?
  • If you are referring to the "New Garmin speed and cadence sensor" (I wish they would give it a name other than "new"), after an hour of reading and screwing around with the battery removal, grease removal, leaving the battery out for 10 minutes, etc, I found my problem. I haven't cycled in some time and as a last resort I updated my 500 to the latest 3.30 version firmware.

As soon as my computer updated the firmware, my 500 connected to the "new" speed and cadence before I even made it back downstairs (30 feet away) to where my bike was. I hope this helps other folks out there. It seems weird that my firmware would be so old, but what can I say other than oooppps.