This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Magnetless Sensor work with Forerunner 305

I'm still struggling to get a magnetless cadence sensor to work with my forerunner 305.
Its the sensor that comes in a box with a speed sensor, the box clearly states the devices are Forerunner 305 compatible.
The garmin website suggests otherwise though.

Has anyone got these sensors (in particular cadence) working with a 305?
  • I hate to advocate "double posting", but the FR 305 subforum might get your question in front of some FR 305 user that have knowledge of this. However it might be that you need to plan on calling Garmin Support tomorrow. I find telephoning them worth the wait as opposed to going through a bunch of back and forth emails to get to the final solution.
  • I don't have access to a FR305, but it might be similar to the Edge 500 in that the unit defaults to a combined speed/cadence sensor and it is only after failing to find one of these that it gives you a UI option to select a separate sensors and not a combined sensor. If the UI allows you to specify a cadence sensor only then try that.