This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Magnetless Sensor Questions...

I have a forerunner 305 and have just been trying to pair with a magnetless cadence sensor (and speed sensor). The box states that the products are compatible with a 305 but I'm having problems getting them to pair. Has anyone got the new magnetless sensor working with a forerunner 305.

I've tried resetting the unit (battery in upside down) and inserted a brand new battery. Tried riding around well away from other sensors etc.....

When I insert a new battery I get the green led flashing 5 times, and the red led twice.

Does this red led flashing during start up mean there is a problem or is it just part of the normal start up?

I've attached the unit to the crank and despite spinning the crank (and actually riding the bike for 10 minutes) I can't get the sensor to pair with the 305. One thing I have noticed is that if I spin the crank I don't see any LEDs flash. So two questions:

Are the two red led's I see amongst the 5 green normal after a battery change? Or should I not see any Red LEDs after a new battery insert?

When I spin the cranks should I see the same 5 green LED flashes as the sensor wakes up? I don't and am wondering if there is a problem with the sensor waking up.