This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

920xt and problems with Speed and Cadence Sensor

I have a Garmin 920xt and trying to get it to work with the “magnet less” Speed & Cadence sensors (010-12104-00). The watch can connect to both sensors just fine but I only get intermittent responses from either the speed or the cadence sensor but never both at the same time. There are also times when neither one works.

Is there hope for me? Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks, - Jimi
  • I am having this same issue, also with 920xt and firmware Beta 2.64.
    Which firmware are you running?
  • I am having this same issue, also with 920xt and firmware Beta 2.64.
    Which firmware are you running?

Ditto with firmware 2.70. Sensors don't stay connected for more than 30s at a time - extremely annoying and meant that I had to go back to my Edge 500.
    Garmin, please. A multi sport watch that doesn't work with your own bike sensors?
  • same here..
    i have seen the same behavior on 2.7, 3.03b and 3.07b.
    Looking at the speed chart after a workout, you can see the dropout periods. and there are a lot of them. Pretty annoying, since the speed/cadence sensor keeps connecting and disconnecting..
    my 310 has never had the same issue with the speed/cadence sensor in question.
  • same here..
    i have seen the same behavior on 2.7, 3.03b and 3.07b.
    Looking at the speed chart after a workout, you can see the dropout periods. and there are a lot of them. Pretty annoying, since the speed/cadence sensor keeps connecting and disconnecting..
    my 310 has never had the same issue with the speed/cadence sensor in question.

Same issue here. I'm on the bike trainer right now, watching this happen as I type. I have my brand new 920xt and a 910xt sitting on top of each other. They are both reporting the same speed. But the 920xt keeps losing the sensor for 30sec or so before finding it again. Happens every minute or 2 minutes. Not acceptable.

Garmin: Do I need to return this device, or is a fix in the very near future? I'm not the only one reporting this exact problem.
  • same here, on my 920xt with firmware 3.20 the cadence sensor was never paired, with 3.07 same, had to fall back to 2.70 to pair it. Disastrous Garmin... you fix one and destroy two!!! Pls get your act together... I am losing faith in your products...
  • Same issue here. I'm on the bike trainer right now, watching this happen as I type. I have my brand new 920xt and a 910xt sitting on top of each other. They are both reporting the same speed. But the 920xt keeps losing the sensor for 30sec or so before finding it again. Happens every minute or 2 minutes. Not acceptable.

Garmin: Do I need to return this device, or is a fix in the very near future? I'm not the only one reporting this exact problem.

Follow up: I opened a garmin ticket and they said it was a "known issue" and straight-out offered to replace it. That's nice, except for the part where Garmin knowingly lets an unknown number of these faulty watches sit on store shelves for unsuspecting customers without any kind of recall or notification by lot number or anything... Bad bad bad... They wanted me to pay another $450 while I waited on a possibly defective replacement. No way. Luckily I ordered from Amazon, a company who knows how to do business, and they shipped me another one no-charge, no-questions-asked (so long as I return the defective one). Oh and by the way, the charger in the new one amazon sent me: DEFECTIVE! C'mon Garmin... You're better than this.