This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed not working but cadence working

Hi all,
When i went on the turbo the speed and cadence sensor somehow didn't pick up the speed but only the cadence. The speed magnet is very close but it still doesn't work. Can some please give me any advice on how to fix it.
  • Everything is in the right place, it just looks like I have damaged the speed sensor, the red indicator does not light up with anything and finally my garmin does not recognize it.
    In previous washes of the bicycle, after a while after drying the sensor they returned normally..

• Last week while riding on my stationary, my Garmin Forerunner 910XT started showing 0 for cadence while pedaling. Since it's been a few years since I replaced the GSC-10 battery, I replaced it. Now I only get cadence but no speed. Garmin Support suggested removing the battery to "reset" the sensor. I'll give it a try, but if that fails, it's hello Garmin Cadence & Speed Sensor 2. The green LED lights up every time the pedal magnet passes the GSC-10 sensor, and the red LED lights up every time the pedal sensor passes the GSC-10 sensor. Any ideas are appreciated. In general, I have a hard time getting Garmin equipment to work every time I need to change a battery (heart-rate monitor, foot pod, speed & cadence sensor).

• Oops - meant the spoke magnet (not pedal magnet).