This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing magnetless speed sensor with second bike.

I have successfully paired my speed sensor with My track bike but having issues pairing the same unit with a second bike which has it's own profile on my Garmin 500. The garmin cannot find the speed sensor
even though I do have 'Speed and cadence sensor' selected in the settings for the second bike. BUT when I change the profile back to the track bike (with sensor still fitted to second bike's moving wheel) it immediately finds the speed sensor.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to share the sensor between bikes on the edge 500?

Thanks,
Claude
  • Try the following file.

Place it in the Newfiles folder.

Alan - I finally got around to downloading the settings file last week and the issue is now fixed. Thanks.

However I found that running the sensor on the rear hub, while on the turbo, the speed is reading higher than expected (>30 kph at c. 150 watts or overall 36.4kph on a 199 watts average for 1 hour - which seems high). I also found it auto-pauses momentarily every minute or so. I have the wheel length set to manual at 2105mm. I can only assume there is some sort of interference with other metal bike bits when the sensor is on the rear hub. I find it fairly accurate when running on the front wheel of my track bike when corrolating against cadence and gear inches.

C