This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing magnetless speed sensor with second bike.

I have successfully paired my speed sensor with My track bike but having issues pairing the same unit with a second bike which has it's own profile on my Garmin 500. The garmin cannot find the speed sensor
even though I do have 'Speed and cadence sensor' selected in the settings for the second bike. BUT when I change the profile back to the track bike (with sensor still fitted to second bike's moving wheel) it immediately finds the speed sensor.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to share the sensor between bikes on the edge 500?

Thanks,
Claude
  • In my 910XT, the "speed and cadence sensor" setting won't detect the magnet,ess units. I have to select "speed sensor" and "cadence sensor" separately.
  • Thanks - Speed and Cadence sensor works ok on the E500 on first bike profile.
  • Are you talking about using the same sensor's on two bikes?

I'm not sure that's a supported configuration. I think the Edge devices assume that a single profile is associate with a single bike which has it's own sensors.
  • Are you talking about using the same sensor's on two bikes?

Yes indeed - sharing the sensor between two bikes. I'd prefer to maintain separate profiles if possible.
  • The same sensor can be paired with multiple bike profiles.
  • The same sensor can be paired with multiple bike profiles.

Any idea how I can get this to work? I upgraded to the latest E500 firmware a couple of weeks ago. Having multiple profiles is important as I need to keep a log of time on the track bike.
  • It should just be a case of repeating the pairing process, but while using the other bike profile.

If you post the settings.fit file I can manually add it to the bike profile if you tell me which profile it is currently on and which profile you would like it added to.
  • Thanks for the offer to look at the settings file. I am going to try pairing again this time using the front hub to see if it makes a difference.

C
  • If you post the settings.fit file I can manually add it to the bike profile if you tell me which profile it is currently on and which profile you would like it added to.

Alan, I've had another try at pairing the speed sensor to my winter bike but its still not working. It does however find the sensor the moment I switch to the track bike profile. I have therefore attached the settings.fit as requested.

To confirm, I would like the speed sensor currently paired with 'Track Bike' added to the 'Winter Bike' profile while still keeping it attached to the track bike. ie I will be sharing the same sensor.

The outcome would be a follows:
    Summer Bike: Unchanged (old style speed/cadence sensor + PM)
    Winter Bike: Speed sensor (magnetless) + PM (which also reads cadence)
    Track Bike: Speed Sensor and Cadence Sensor (both magnetless)

Thanks
    Claude
  • Try the following file.

Place it in the Newfiles folder.