This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iphone 5 uncompatible?

I have a Vivofit and that isn't one of the devices considered compatible with the sensor. I saw the ANT+ adapter for iphone and was thrilled... until I read it only worked with 4 or older iphones.

I know I'm not the only iphone 5 or newer user out there and I really want to get out and use my bike in this lovely fall weather, but my Vivofit won't properly register the activity. I can use the map feature on Garmin Connect to map outdoor routes and manage, but I also plan to hook my bike up inside to a stand that turns it into a stationary bike if it rains (or snows or is too cold, etc.) so I won't be able to tell how fast or far I'm going without this sensor or something similar.

Does anyone have an idea how I can potentially get this sensor to work with what I have (iphone 5s & Vivofit)? My birthday is coming up and I would like this sensor to be one of my gifts if it can. I don't mind adding something cheap to the list too, but something $100+ won't fly on my budget.

FYI: Since there's a post requesting posters be specific on which sensor (though the store only has one, go figure) I'm referring to the sensor with Part Number: 010-10644-00 and the adapter is Part Number: 010-11786-00.