This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Speed sensor - no lights, will not pair, no activity at all from sensor

I've already setup an Amazon return for it once, so I'm trying another. Can't seem to get any activity at all out of the new speed sensor. The cadence pairs up just fine (green lights aplenty when I move the pedals), but the speed sensor is just a hunk of plastic. I have two of them in front of me right now, the original and the Amazon replacement.

Same deal on both - replaced the batteries, and tried the usual battery trick where you flip the battery over that I always have to do with my HRM strap when I change the batteries. No dice at all. I also left the batteries out of each of them for about 10 minutes, after reading some "ship mode" posts, but that did nothing either.

Am I just extremely unlucky, or is there some other method that I'm supposed to get the sensor to wake up and pair with my Edge 500? I've spun the wheel a ton on the stand, and even went for a ~2 mile ride with each of them, still nothing.

Any insight would be great. I'm riding a century tomorrow and had hoped to be able to use these - two duds in a row is pretty disappointing.