This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC10 paired with Forerunner 610 - Incorrect distance/speed

I have completed a ride today with a friend (who had a Fenix2) and our distances, and in turn our speed are very different. Mine is 13.6k and his is 40.4k. When looking at the map, his is very accurate and mine isn't. When I check Connect, the whole route has been logged but the distance and speed are way out.

Has anyone got any ideas other than taking the magnet off the back wheel and using GPS for speed and distance and using the GSC10 for cadence only on how to fix?
  • I assume you calibrated the watch so it knows how far each wheel revolution is... And that your magnet is positioned so it fires on every wheel revolution?
  • Speed / Cadence Sensor GSC-10 with Forerunner 405 - Incorrect

I have completed a ride today with a friend (who had a Fenix2) and our distances, and in turn our speed are very different. Mine is 13.6k and his is 40.4k. When looking at the map, his is very accurate and mine isn't. When I check Connect, the whole route has been logged but the distance and speed are way out.

Has anyone got any ideas other than taking the magnet off the back wheel and using GPS for speed and distance and using the GSC10 for cadence only on how to fix?

Mine worked fine until recently (no changes on my end) and then all of a sudden, the speed and distance were way off. For example, on a short 25 mile ride at approx 16 mph, my Garmin indicated I had traveled 41 miles at an average speed of 20.8. We replaced the battery, re-set it and re-paired it. After a 20 minute hold time, Garmin offered to send me a new one as mine was only purchased last November. Hoping the new one will work correctly. This has been very frustrating.