This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC10 not reading speed

The sensor that I have paired with my edge 510 has suddenly stopped showing a speed reading, cadence works fine though. I use it when on the trainer indoors written the gps turned off. I've checked the position of the magnets etc but nothing has moved and tried re-pairing with my edge but still no speed, any ideas?
  • Yes still the same with a fresh battery.
  • When you push the test/reset button, you should get the red and the green LED flash, that let's you know you are in test mode. Then you should get a green every time the wheel magnet passes for about sixty passes. If you don't get the green something wrong. Maybe you still don't have it aligned correctly or something is broke. If it's in warranty, call garmin and get another.

I have seen some people set up their GSC 10's wrong thinking they were correct. Maybe posting a few pics of your setup might help.
  • For a few days I have the same problem. What I did so far is:

-Bought a new spoke magnet.
    -Change the battery of the gsc10.
    -Again paired the edge 800 with the gsc10.
    -Update the software/firmware of the garmin 800.
    -Did a factory reset of the garmin 800.

Non of the above helped me out! Only the cadence is recognized.
    It looks like if the speed unit on the gsc10 is out of order.

Does somebody have a clue on what can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies/answers/tips!
  • take the battery out of the GSC-10, place it in upside DOWN and press down for approx 15seconds and then place in the right way up. Ensure that the spoke magnet is in line with the mark on the speed arm and that the distance is approx 2-5mm.

Re-pair with your Edge800 and see if you have speed data back again.

cheers
    Mike
  • What I did so far is:

-Bought a new spoke magnet.
    -Change the battery of the gsc10.
    -Again paired the edge 800 with the gsc10.
    -Update the software/firmware of the garmin 800.
    -Did a factory reset of the garmin 800.

You don't say whether or not you pressed the reset/test button on the gsc10 and then got the red and green LED light every time the magnet passed it's sensor. Red for the cadence, green for the wheel. I recommend you check them independently, you can turn the crank backwards and you should only get the red. Then lift the wheel off the ground and spin it while keeping the crank stationary and not near the crank sensor. You should then only see the green.

If you have the LED's and still no luck, check that it's paired as a spd/cad not speed and cadence, or simply cadence. If that's all okay, then call Garmin Support, you probably need another. It's covered under the warranty.
  • @kiwimtnbkr: did the tric but with no result!

@voiceresponse: off course I have pressed this button before when pairing the gsc10 with my garmin edge 800. Did this proces again. In the beginning the red and green light each flashes 1 time. After that only the red LED light up when I move the crank. When I move the wheel (crank stationary) there is no green light at all. :-(

Sensortype is set to "spd/cad". And not "speed and cadence". The wheel size is set manual to 2096 mm.
    I wonder if maybe that has any influence on this?!
  • The green light not flashing shows that the sensor is not being triggered. It looks like a faulty sensor. Maybe a broken wire or reed switch.
  • Today I have bought a new gsc10. With the result that my Edge 800 displayed the speed again ! Problem solved! Looks like that the speedsensor was indeed broken!