This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC10 not reading speed

The sensor that I have paired with my edge 510 has suddenly stopped showing a speed reading, cadence works fine though. I use it when on the trainer indoors written the gps turned off. I've checked the position of the magnets etc but nothing has moved and tried re-pairing with my edge but still no speed, any ideas?
  • Does the little light on the GSC-10 flash when the magnet goes by the sensor when you put it in debug mode? If not, the sensor has probably gone bad.
  • Try resetting the sensor. Take the battery out and put it back in upside down for 10 seconds. Take the battery back out for 1 minute then install normally. You will need to pair sensor again as it will have a new sensor ID.
  • Thanks for the help, tried all that plus all the usual from Garmin support but it's still not working. I guess it's dead.
  • Try tapping the wheel sensor arm a few times, the magnetic switch contacts can stick together sometimes and a couple of sharp taps may free them up.
    When I put my bikes away I try and remember to make sure the magnets are not near the sensors, as I've found that leaving them in close proximity to the Reed switch contacts causes them to magnetise and stick together.
  • Thanks for the help, tried all that plus all the usual from Garmin support but it's still not working. I guess it's dead.

There's no mention of the obvious - have you tried a new battery? If I remember correctly, speed is the first go with a dying battery.
  • It might also help those wanting to help if the OP answered the question in post number 2. Kind of hard to lend help not knowing any symptoms other than it don't work.
  • It might also help those wanting to help if the OP answered the question in post number 2. Kind of hard to lend help not knowing any symptoms other than it don't work.

Thanks, the light does not light when the magnet passes the sensor, only lights when the crank arm passes, but it never lit even when it was working correctly.
  • That it never lits when it was working correctly is normal. It only lits when you set it up, (place a new battery etc...)
    Another thing you can check is hearing if the magnet switch inside the sensor is still working. If you go past the sensor with a magnet you should normally hear the switch switch each time the maget passes (put your ear close to it).
    That it lights up when the crank arm passes is even more weird since this isn't magnetic...
  • When I press the button to pair the sensor the led flashes when the magnet on the crank arm passes but not when the magnet on the wheel passes, and yep I can hear the switch clicking even when it's of the bike as I pass a magnet close to it.
  • When I press the button to pair the sensor the led flashes when the magnet on the crank arm passes but not when the magnet on the wheel passes, and yep I can hear the switch clicking even when it's of the bike as I pass a magnet close to it.

Have you changed the battery?