HRM-PRO

My HRM-PRO is 15 months old.

It stopped working, so I changed the battery before a zwift session and it then connected ok.

The following morning I went for an outdoors ride and I couldn't get it to connect again...

Upon coming home, I've tried another new battery, this time from a different pack - in case the batteries were old.  It connected to both my phone in Garmin Connect, then I successfully connected it to my Garmin Edge 530 by re-adding the sensor.

However, by the time i went to the ride screen, it has disconnected again and won't connect to anything anymore...

Any ideas on the issue or how to resolve?

I bought this sensor over a Wahoo because the design looked to be long lasting, but failing just outside warranty period is pretty sad if that is what has happened!!

• I have exactly the same problem.

For about 18 months, I've relied on the HRM-Pro without any major hiccups. Replacing the battery a few times was part of the routine, and I made sure to follow the care instructions, cleaning it gently after every seven uses as recommended.

However, about a month back, the HRM-Pro began sporadically disconnecting from my Fenix7, Edge 1040, and Zwift, even though there were no low battery notifications. Last week, it completely refused to connect to any of the devices mentioned. Attempting to resolve it, I changed the battery, which briefly restored the connection for one session, only to lose it again the next day.

Opting for a different brand of battery didn't entirely fix the issue either. Despite successful connections to my F7 for two days, it's now reached a point where, even with a new battery, the HRM-Pro refuses to connect at all. It's evident that the problem doesn't lie with the battery itself.

My other sensors—like the power meter, speed sensor, and Smart trainer—have no trouble connecting to the same devices.

• I too have no problems with connecting other sensors.  It's just the HRM-Pro which suddenly won't connect.

• It's quite disappointing, right? I've reached out to Garmin Support, although I'm feeling a bit stuck because these products usually have a one-year warranty. It's almost as if they're programmed to malfunction as soon as that warranty period ends.

• Same issue, I thought that perhaps the Beta version I installed created the problem. Garmin is silent about that too.