This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1040 and HRM-Pro Plus Dropouts

This just started happening after a week off for vacation. The strap would randomly drop out so I changed the battery, washed and tightened the strap and then disconnected and reconnected it. This didn't help and the problem seemed to get worst on my ride yesterday. Sometimes it would disconnect for several seconds and then connect with a value of 71 before it started picking up my HR again.

This HRM strap is not even 6 months old. I've contacted Garmin but am wondering if there is a way to factory reset the monitor?

• Hi mate I have same problem when I run  . HRM Pro Plus and Fenix 6 X Pro.

My last runs are like that. I went to two cardiologists because I thought that something is wrong with my heart but I am healthy of course. I have the strap 6 months like you. I had also hrm pro which I sent it back because the electrodes were complete damaged with high heart rate readings after few months. I really can't understand what is going on. Every run is faulty now. It disconects for some seconds and then I have high heart rates 230bpm. Also sometimes before it goes up it goes low bpm.

Do you have any updates from your issue?

• Garmin support told me to remove the battery for 20 minutes to reset the strap. I did this along with a new battery and the dropouts stopped and it has been working fine ever since. 

• Thank you mate I will try to do it also have a nice day Wink