Garmin Varia RTL 515 not charging anymore

Hi

my Garmin Varia RTL515 suddenly stopped charging! Tried different cables, different charging plugs and on Laptop as well. Nothing. No charging light. When connecting to the app, the battery level remains law. I bought the device new 15months ago. Only used in dry conditions, on road bike only. 

Did anyone experienced the same? Any solution? Thanks

I opened a ticket at Garmin support 4 days ago. Still no response… not a great customer service experience so far! 

• I'm running into the same problem, did you get a response from Garmin?  I opened a ticket this morning.

• Hi. Yes I did. Took a few days though. When they responded they offered to send the radar (they provided a reference number). However in the meantime I notice that the radar is actually charging ( even though no light is flashing) and battery is full and it works . So for the time being I did not ship my radar to Garmin as they offered to do.

i hope yours will work .

• Despite your attempts with various connectors and charging sources, it appears that your Garmin Varia RTL515 has a charge problem. You opened a support request with Garmin four days ago, but you still haven't heard anything, making for a stressful customer service encounter. While you wait for Garmin to respond, you can think about seeing if the device can be reset or attempting to get in touch with Garmin in another way, including via phone or social media. It's conceivable that others have encountered similar problems, therefore looking through internet forums or groups may turn up solutions.

• FYI - as a follow-up, they ended up replacing mine, sent me a new one and I sent my old one back, it did take a few days for them to respond to the request but they did and I was quite pleased. I got the option of buying a new one that they sent out immediately and then they refunded me when they got my old one back.

• Same situation. Good until yesterday. Now no light when connected. Tried Garmin 830 cable as the 830

• Exact same problem.  Garmin Express shows "not connected."

I have a Garmin 830 which charges OK and is recognised by Garmin Express - so swapped the charge cable - no change.

Garmin 830 sensor check widget test - all the other lights operate Ok on the Varia RTL515.

Not being recognised by Garmin Express suggests that it must be a problem with the charge port  - as the 515 works fine otherwise.

Rang Garmin Support - they offered to replace without prompting - I simply asked "what are my options?".

Top marks to garmin.

Unfortunately a customer can not drop an item into a Garmin Office to expedite the replacement around Christmas.

The deal is return the faulty 515 and following receipt Garmin will mail out the new replacement.

This is not at all unreasonable.

My opinion of the postal service is unprintable - but it is what it is.

Will not be doing much riding - I regard the Varia as essential safety equipment and so will be riding on the rollers until the replacement arrives.

But no complaints - Garmin has  cemented my loyalty to their products.