This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vector 3 inconsistent reading

Let me just say I would LOVE for the output readings from the used vector I recently purchased to be correct, but I suspect they are not and I am curious if there are any thoughts on what I am seeing here.

I am using a single sided vector 3 paired to a 530 edge. I decided to compare it to the readings coming from my Peloton bike. I am well aware that the Peloton does not have a power meter and that the watt readings are considered inaccurate. However, what is relevant to my issue here is that the watt readings from the peloton are consistent. Meaning that if I dial up resistance x at cadence y the reported wattage is consistent. The vector was not.

Prior to the ride I did perform a successful calibration on the pedal. During the first 10 minutes or so the reported average power was within 2 points of each other (warm up between zone 1, 2, and 3). The real time wattage fluctuations were never quite identical but were in the same ballpark of each other. I then did a roughly 7 minute zone 4 interval, after which I dropped back down to zone 1. At this point the vector was reading wattages 40-60 points higher than the peloton (call it 25-35%), and it stayed that way for the remainder of the ride. The final ride totals gave me an average wattage 30 points higher than the peloton. It seemed like somehow the "floor" reading on the vector got stuck (for lack of better term) after the higher intensity.

Fwiw, I unclipped from the power meter pedal - while continuing to pedal with the right leg - and it continued to read 50-60 watts. I realize that was not the best test, as the computer is estimating between the left and right leg and was still reading a cadence. 

Any thoughts? I've scoured the internet and the only thing I can find is possibly resetting the install angles. But this does not seem to account for the inconsistency?